Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Don't Worry, Be Happy...

I am one of the biggest worrywarts that I know! Tonight, for some reason, I really started to get anxious about my beta on Monday. Will it be a significant increase? Did it drop?? How many babies are there? Are they still doing ok?? I think these are all normal concerns during early pregnancy, especially in the first few weeks. I once read that 50% of all first-time pregnancies end in miscarriage, and it has haunted me ever since. My own mother lost her first pregnancy at around 11 weeks, I believe. So it's hard not to be concerned that this may happen to me as well.

In my tear-filled moment of panic, I decided to start researching success stories for women who had slow-rising betas in their early pregnancies. I found all kinds of inspiring stories online. Some women started out on their first beta as low as 47. Then, on the second beta, it only increased to maybe 68 within 48 hours. And the 3rd beta was maybe no higher than 100 another 48 hours after that. And, the crazy part is, those same women went on to have successful pregnancies -- some even having twins & triplets! So it just goes to show that betas are merely numbers and do not always have the final say. Only God does. One woman said "I have learned through all of this that not all healthy pregnancies are "textbook". As long as your betas are steadily increasing, it is a good sign!!" And, upon seeing her 4th beta finally take a huge jump, another woman said "I waited patiently for the Lord, he turned to me and heard me cry."

Here are a few quotes I found when I googled "faith in God":

"Keep praying, but be thankful that God's answers are wiser than your prayers."
"Calmness is the way we show that we are trusting God."
"Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn't change anything. All it does is taint your mind and steal your joy."
"You can't have joy without peace, and there is no peace without God."


I have decided to turn my worries over to God. He is the only one in control of this situation, so I must have faith that He is going to take care of us. Looking back on last Saturday, when I got my first positive pregnancy test, I remember hearing God say to me "Now it is time to be happy." I am going to take Him at his Word and do just that. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your quotes!! Congrats again!! I also forgot to mention in the previous posts I had complete goose bumps and tears in my eyes. I know I haven't been around for the whole journey but I am so happy for the both of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete