I am 1dp5dt, which means 1 day past 5 day transfer... for those of you needing translation. :-) It's been about 34 hours since we arrived home yesterday from the embryo transfer. I started cramping a few hours after we got home, and it really hasn't stopped since. In fact, it has gotten heavier since then. Apparently, the embryos can start implanting within 24-48 hours of the transfer. I know yesterday would be too early for implantation to start happening, but I know today that might be what I am feeling. Come on, little beans! Find a spot and burrow in!!
I seriously didn't think bed rest was going to be this hard! Normally, all I ever do on the weekends is lay around on my laptop anyway. But there is something about having to lay on your back for hours on end, only getting up to go to the restroom, that will drive you insane! And talk about killing your back! I have major sympathy for those on constant bed rest during pregnancy or for patients in the hospital. I give you mad props! Luckily, I know how to kill plenty of time online. Shawn has been a great help today. He even brought me breakfast in bed this morning! It was delicious! I could get used to that... but I won't! ;-)
So, I have 1 more day of bed rest before I go back to work Monday morning. Never in a million years did I think I would say this, but I am almost ready to go back! Not because I miss the work, but I am hoping it helps the time pass faster. I haven't confirmed it yet, but I believe the blood pregnancy test (aka "beta") will be on June 15th. So I have a little less than 2 weeks to obsess about whether or not I think this procedure worked. Fun fun! I may be able to take a test at home this coming Friday (7dp5dt) or the following Monday (10dp5dt). HCG can be detected in the body around 9dp5dt, which would be Sunday. So, either way, I may have some kind of indication by then. We will see! *tick tock tick tock tick tock*
On Monday, I go in for a blood test to check my progesterone level. I am currently using progesterone inserts to help make sure my body has enough of the hormone. I have to use those 3 times per day until the beta or, if pregnant, until further notice. On Monday, I will start the estrogen pills and patches. The patch goes on my stomach and is changed out every 3rd day. And I will take one estrogen pill 3 times per day as well. I have several alerts set on my phone for when it's time to do my progesterone and estrogen pills/patches. Seems like there is always an alert going off, since I am taking the progesterone now and finishing up some prednisone twice a day from before the transfer. I'm like a walking drug store!
On a side note, I thought I would share a completely unrelated picture from this evening. When I changed the bedding the other night, in anticipation of my 3 days of bed rest, I did not have an extra pillowcase for Shawn. So he has been using it sans pillowcase for a few nights. Tonight, I came back to the bedroom from the couch, and I saw this propped up on the bed:
Yes, that is his undershirt. There are 2 of them on there, turned different ways. And, despite the way it looks, he says they are clean. I guess he was improvising. I just hope our kids have Shawn's sense of humor and resourcefulness! :-)

How are you feeling friend? I hope everything is going great and you are having a good week!!
ReplyDeleteHi there! I'm feeling ok. I have been really tired lately and having lots of cramping, which is supposed to be normal. It's probably side effects from the estrogen & progesterone supplements I'm taking. Only 1 more week until the blood test. I am ready!! I would love to hear about your infertility journey, if you get the chance to tell me about it. Would love to swap experiences and be an encouragement to each other! :-)
ReplyDelete