We are pregnant with 1 healthy little Kirby baby! We are 5 weeks and 5 days today, and the baby is due February 16th. He/she is right on target in growth and development. And, even better news... we get to see the heartbeat next Wednesday (6/27)! We are so excited and blessed beyond measure! To God be the glory!! Amen.
This afternoon, when I received my lab results, I had a moment of concern. As you may recall, my HCG level on Monday was 2706. Today it was 3068, which means it only increased a little over 300 units in 72 hours. I emailed my nurse asking if the HCG levels even matter anymore, now that we have moved on to ultrasounds. She responded that they will continue to monitor my HCG until it reaches 5000. She said, for some reason, sometimes it's a slow process reaching the 5000 mark (which is normal), and they are primarily just watching the ultrasounds to determine growth & development on a weekly basis from now on. She also said that, as long as we see a fetal heartbeat between 6 and 7 weeks (next week), they are happy. I am so relieved that she put my fears to rest. So I've decided to be happy and try not to worry from here on out... haha! Easier said than done, but I'll do my best!!
I just want to say a little prayer for our little angel embryo... Dear Lord, I pray that our lost little bean has found its way safely into your arms. Please protect it and keep it safe in your kingdom. I look forward to the day when we can be reunited in your Heavenly House. Thank you for leaving its sibling behind and allowing it to enjoy this world with us. Your blessings are overflowing and undeserved by us. All the power and glory is yours, now and forever. Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment