Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Friday, May 18, 2012

IVF Day 6 Update

I went in for my IVF day 6 followup ultrasound and bloodwork this morning. My progesterone was <0.2, LH was 1.51, and estradiol was 420. The nurse said that my labs looked great!

We could see about 10 follicles on the ultrasound. My left ovary had about 5 follicles with the following measurements: 7.52, 8.68, 8.48, 8.06, and 8.70. My right ovary also had about 5 follicles with the following measurements: 10.18, 7.80, 9.15, 8.32, and 8.80. The nurse said that the number and sizes are still right on target. They don't like for the follicles to get too big too fast. So I am happy to be exactly where I need to be at this point in the process.

Since my estrogen (estradiol) was above 400, they told me to go ahead and start taking the Ganirelix injection (250 mcg) tonight. I will take it for 5-6 nights, along with the150 units each of Menopur and Gonal-F. The Ganirelix will help keep my body from ovulating until the eggs are mature enough to retrieve. We don't want to lose any precious cargo before it's time!

Speaking of precious cargo, here are the ultrasound photos of my left and right ovaries. The black circles are follicles. There may be even more follicles than appear in the photo that are hiding. In 1 more week, all of those mature follicles will be harvested for the eggs. 1 MORE WEEK!! :-)



RIGHT ovary & follicles

LEFT ovary & follicles


No comments:

Post a Comment