Shawn and I went shopping for a new comforter yesterday for our anniversary present to each other. Since we moved into the new house in December, I've wanted to get something new. I love the appearance of the comforter we have been using, but it was getting quite hot to sleep under and has a velour pattern that attracts dog hair like a magnet. So I am going to get it dry cleaned and put it in the guest room upstairs. After looking at several stores, we finally found something we agreed on at Bed Bath & Beyond. And I had a 20% off coupon, so it was a win-win! Shawn picked out a white down alternative comforter that was on sale, and I found a duvet cover that I really like. We didn't get the shams and matching pillows, as they were not in our budget. I'll get them once they go on sale or find something inexpensive at Home Goods later on that coordinates. For now, we are quite happy with something soft and new. And the duvet cover is machine washable, which is very important when you have a sneaky little dog (Jax) who likes to snuggle up in the middle of the night! The duvet cover is in neutral colors, which I can never seem to veer away from. But, being the conservative that I am, I figure that we can use it for a while without getting tired of a particular colored pattern. And I can jazz it up with some fun colored accent pillows. Here is what the bedding looks like:
![]() |
| Barbara Barry "Poetical" Duvet Cover |
After shopping, we went home and took naps. Sleeping with the new comforter was like heaven on a fluffy cloud! (Of course Shawn slept in his recliner, so he wouldn't be able to enjoy the new bedding until hours later!) After we woke up, we got ready for dinner at Kirby's Steakhouse to celebrate our anniversary. The meal was delicious! For an appetizer, we had fresh cracked snow crab claws in a garlic butter scampi (my favorite of the night!!). Shawn had an 18-oz Angus Ribeye, and I had Pan Roasted Seabass on a bed of lobster risotto. Both were to die for! For side items, we had mashed potatoes made with sour cream & cream cheese (mmmmm!) and fancy mac n' cheese. And, last but not least, we got a chocolate trio layered cake to eat at home. It was sinfully rich! I would like to thank my brother Eric and sister-in-law Melissa again for the Kirby's gift card that they gave us for Christmas and my birthday! Without it, we would have paid twice as much for dinner last night. We thoroughly enjoyed every bite and moment!
We got home from dinner and were stuffed to the gills! So Shawn vegged out in his recliner (as usual), and I jumped on my laptop for the evening. As I mentioned before, I had intended on blogging yesterday, but was not feeling quite up to it last night. I noticed on Friday afternoon at work that I was really tired and started getting a nagging headache. I felt the same way last night with hot flashes and also noticed that I got really full at dinner really quickly. I barely ate half of my dinner, which worked out well for my sister-in-law Megan when she got home from work! I can really feel some action going on lately in my ovaries and have been feeling a little bloated down there. I know this is a very common feeling during the stimulation process of IVF, as my follicles are getting bigger & bigger every day. I should continue to feel this way up until the egg retrieval later this week. I even had trouble falling asleep last night because I felt so yucky. But I made up for it by sleeping 13 hours! Sheesh, talk about tired! But I feel much better today, even though I still have a little headache. I should only have 3 more nights of shots, including tonight. I will go in for another ultrasound and more bloodwork tomorrow morning to see how I am responding to the medications. I will post an update tomorrow with the results. The egg retrieval is only 4-5 days away, and I can't wait! I know all of this discomfort will be worth it in the end, at least at some point! :-)
We got home from dinner and were stuffed to the gills! So Shawn vegged out in his recliner (as usual), and I jumped on my laptop for the evening. As I mentioned before, I had intended on blogging yesterday, but was not feeling quite up to it last night. I noticed on Friday afternoon at work that I was really tired and started getting a nagging headache. I felt the same way last night with hot flashes and also noticed that I got really full at dinner really quickly. I barely ate half of my dinner, which worked out well for my sister-in-law Megan when she got home from work! I can really feel some action going on lately in my ovaries and have been feeling a little bloated down there. I know this is a very common feeling during the stimulation process of IVF, as my follicles are getting bigger & bigger every day. I should continue to feel this way up until the egg retrieval later this week. I even had trouble falling asleep last night because I felt so yucky. But I made up for it by sleeping 13 hours! Sheesh, talk about tired! But I feel much better today, even though I still have a little headache. I should only have 3 more nights of shots, including tonight. I will go in for another ultrasound and more bloodwork tomorrow morning to see how I am responding to the medications. I will post an update tomorrow with the results. The egg retrieval is only 4-5 days away, and I can't wait! I know all of this discomfort will be worth it in the end, at least at some point! :-)

I L-O-V-E your new comforter! Also we have a sneaky dog named Jersey who thinks she needs to sleep in the bed at night too! She definitely doesn't start out there! Also good luck with all of your IVF stuff!! :)
ReplyDelete