Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2012

IVF Day 12... Need prayers!

I had my day 12 ultrasound and bloodwork done this morning. Here are my lab results: progesterone was 0.566, LH was 0.116, and estradiol was 1738. The nurse called me this afternoon to bring to my attention that my estrogen dropped a little bit (from 1965 yesterday to 1738 today). She said that it was not too significant, but the doctor would like to increase my medication dosages tonight from 150 units to 225 units for both Menopur and Gonal-F. They are hoping that this will bring my esterogen level back up. In fact, I just received a call from my doctor a few minutes ago to brief me on the drop in estrogen. He said he would like to personally do my ultrasound tomorrow to make sure everything looks ok. (Normally, the nurses do the ultrasounds & bloodwork, and then he is given the results in order to advise them how to instruct me to proceed.) He is concerned about the hormone decrease, as well as the fact that my follicles are growing so slowly. He said that he would actually be more concerned if my estrogen dropped and my LH & progesterone had spiked. That could have meant that my ovulation was not being suppressed, as it should be, and would be bad news for this cycle. But that did not happen, so he is hopeful that we are still in the game for IVF this month. I will know more after my followup appointment tomorrow.

As for my ultrasound today, here are the follicle sizes: (left) 14.23, 15.52, 10.81, 11.88, 12.9, 11.07, 15.01, 13.65, 10.38, 7.58; (right) 15.06, 11.84, 11.97, 14.97, 14.46, 17.14. The screen shots below are a little harder to make out this time. My ovaries decided to play peek-a-boo today and made it a little more difficult for the nurse to see/measure them. I'm a little bummed out because I feel like they didn't grow very much since yesterday -- maybe 1mm, if even that much. I hope that increasing my injection dosages tonight will also help my follicles mature a little faster, as well as improve my estrogen level. I am right on the cusp of the 18mm minimum for retrieval, but some of "my girls" need a little boost. I guess we will know by tomorrow if the extra dosage helps any.

LEFT Ovary & Follicles

RIGHT Ovary & Follicles


As for me... I am feeling really bloated and full these days. I can't wait to get all of these eggs out of me! (But not sooner than necessary, of course. I'll keep doing this for another week if I have to!) I've been wearing my "comfy" work pants and shirts this week to allow me a little extra breathing room. I will probably be a little worried tonight about my progress, as well as whether this cycle might be a bust. But all I can do is trust that God will see us through the remaining time we have left in this month and hope that it works out. Praying praying praying...

No comments:

Post a Comment