My OB is nice enough, but just kind of blah. All she did was ask me basic questions about how I am doing -- no physical check or anything. I feel like it was a waste of time, but I guess not. Maybe once I see her a few more times, she'll start to grow on me. I have a followup appointment in 2 weeks, just to make sure things are still going well. I'm pretty sure there will be no ultrasound though. What's the point?? Sorry, just venting.
On a happier note... I received my doppler today! This way, we can monitor the baby's heartbeat at home, in-between ultrasounds. Even though you can hear the heartbeat via doppler as early as 10-12 weeks, I was told that it's usually a little early. I tried several times tonight for quite a while and not sure if I ever found it. Or, if I did, the baby moved away from it, and I lost it. Oh well, I'm not giving up. Maybe in another few days or a week, I will be able to find it consistently. The bigger the baby gets, the easier it will be to find and hear. Once I'm able to find it, I'll be sure to post a video.
Anyway, here is the ultrasound! This is my first abdominal ultrasound (vs. a transvaginal ultrasound). Notice at 0:20 the baby wiggles just a little bit. Enjoy!
Welcome to the world of SHI**Y regular OB/GYNs girl :) The u/s is amazing even if it was short.
ReplyDelete