Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, July 7, 2012

8 weeks!

We are 8 weeks today! It seems like only yesterday when I was just 4 weeks and found out that I was pregnant. The last 4 weeks have gone by so quickly. I hope the rest of my pregnancy follows suit!

As for symptoms, nothing is really different. I still have morning sickness from time to time, mostly in the latter half of the day. I actually slept quite a bit this weekend too -- sleeping in, as well as taking naps. Also, this week, my nose has been very stuffy and congested. (You will hear in the following video that this is normal during this time as well.) But I'm pretty much getting used to this whole first trimester funfest. I'm just blessed that it's all happening, even if I do feel a little crappy! It's all for the cause and so worth the sacrifice!

We have our first OB appointment on Monday. I think it's just preliminary paperwork and testing. I don't even think they are going to do an ultrasound. But, of course, Shawn (aka "Daddy") is going with me. He wants to be a part of it all, and I love him for that! We also have another appointment with the fertility clinic on Wednesday, and they will do an ultrasound then -- thank goodness! I think I will see them for maybe 1 more week after that, and I will graduate completely to the OB. I will miss having weekly ultrasounds to see our little peanut, but I guess graduating means that we are in good health and things are going as well as possible. And I can't complain about that!

Here is what Baby Kirby is up to this week:

Your baby is growing at an amazing rate — about a millimeter every day — and now is the size of a large raspberry. Your little berry is looking a lot less reptilian (even though she has webbed fingers and toes, her tail is just about gone) and a lot more baby-like these days, as her lips, nose, eyelids, legs, and back continue to take shape. Her heart is beating at the incredible rate of 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! And even though you can't yet feel it, she's now making spontaneous movements as she twitches her tiny trunk and limb buds.



Dear God, thank You so much for this tiny blessing! We are so thankful for another week! Please continue to keep our little bean healthy & strong. All the power & glory is Yours, now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment