Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

IVF Day 4 Update -- Grow, follies! Grow!

Today I went in for my day 4 followup ultrasound and bloodwork. I have been taking 150 units each of Menopur & Gonal-F for the past 3 nights, so my doctor wanted to see how my follicles and hormones have been responding in case my dosage needed to be increased.

My bloodwork results are as follows: Estradiol (estrogen) was 143, LH was 2.13, and Progesterone was <0.2. Honestly, I have no idea what those findings mean. But my nurse told me that my results look great. That works for me!

As for the ultrasound, I have anywhere from 8-11 follicles that they could see and maybe more. The nurse had trouble seeing my ovaries and follicles today, for some reason. She said my blood vessels appeared to be in the way. But, from what she could see, there were 5-7 follicles on the left (ranging from 5.77mm to 6.46mm) and 3-4 follicles on the right (averaging about 4.19mm). There may be even more follicles in there that we were not able to see on the screen. I will go back for another followup on Friday and hopefully be able to see more clearly at that time. But the nurse told me that I am right on track in quantity and size of follicles, so I am very happy about that.

The nurse told me to continue with the same dosage of 150 units of both meds until Friday, at which time they will reevaluate me. After tonight, I will only have 6 nights or so left of injections. By then, my follicles should be plentiful and mature -- God willing. It still hasn't quite sunk in yet that the egg retrieval and embryo transfer are coming soon. I'm sure by early next week I will start getting nervous/excited. Bring it on!

Grow, follies! Grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment