Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Beta #1

Today I went in for my first blood pregnancy test, aka "beta". This is where they measure the amount of HCG in my system. HCG is the pregnancy hormone. Honestly, I was hoping for a level of at least 100. Anything below that level can sometimes be concerning, although can end up being normal.

I got the call a little after 1pm with the results. My nurse said "Your level is 283! Congratulations!" I said "Are you serious?? You are going to make me cry!", at which point I did cry a little. She said "It's ok to cry! This is your day!" I was so relieved to hear that number. The nurse said that I will need to increase by at least 60% on Friday, at my next beta. This would put me at around 450 or so. I am a little nervous, but very hopeful that the numbers will be in our favor. Praying praying praying...


No comments:

Post a Comment