Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, January 19, 2013

36 weeks! and Work Shower

On Thursday, my sweet friends, Karen & Carla, threw me a work shower! They are so thoughtful! I received lots of gift cards and cute baby outfits. As much as I may complain about my job at times, my co-workers really are great! Speaking of work... February 1st will be my last day! Shawn has agreed to let me stay at home to take care of Blake! I am so blessed and excited!!

Here are some pictures from the work shower. Yes, I realize there are no people in them -- lame. I just wanted to capture how cute the decor was...





Tulips! The packaged ones are paci-holders!

Today, we celebrated Ruby & Mable's 2nd birthday! A great time was had by all! This 36-week pregnant chick even got in the "jump-jump" and bounced around a few times! Yep, I've still got it! ;-)



Lastly, my mom helped me (again) get the nursery all ready for Blake's arrival this weekend. She even helped me spend all of my gift cards! I am so blessed to have such a great mom, and Blake is blessed to have a wonderful "Goggy"!



How I’m Changing

Total weight gain:
 15 lbs (1 lb gained since last week)
Maternity clothes? yes
Stretch marks? nope. I'm shocked!
Sleep: would be a lot better if I could breathe through my nose and not get up to pee 5-6 times a night, but thank goodness no insomnia (knock on wood)
Best moment this week: celebrating Ruby & Mable's 2nd birthday and seeing family!
Miss Anything? champagne punch and cupcakes (which I could not have at the party... stupid GD)
Movement: oh yes! even hiccups!
Food cravings: nah, not really. not much to crave when you can't breathe through your nose.
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Gender: all girl! (we hope!)
Symptoms: swollen feet & ankles (big as ever), broken sleep, a little tired... but other than that, I feel great for 36 weeks! not miserable at all... yet!
Belly Button in or out? not in, not out
Wedding rings on or off? off
Happy or Moody most of the time: a little of both
Looking forward to: having my first pelvic exam on Tuesday and seeing if I'm dilated!


Blake Alexis Kirby Week 36 Update:

Your baby's the size of a honeydew! She's still in the 17.2- to 18.7-inch and 4.2- to 5.8-pound range and continues to beef up. She's getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on her own. Her skin is getting smooth and soft and her gums are rigid. Her liver and kidneys are in working order. Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment