Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, January 5, 2013

34 weeks! and Nursery Progress

So, the nursery is finally coming along! There are still a few finishing touches left to be done. I am waiting on 2 wall hangings (not pictured) and a pillow to arrive this week. We have a handyman coming this week to hang the chandelier as well. As soon as everything is set up, I'll post pics of the finished room. In the meantime, here are some sneak previews:

Mirror over crib

crib close-up

pillow for rocking chair

my Pinterest-inspired project :-)
door muff
chandelier

Yes, it's annoyingly pink & white... but I love it! Simple, yet girly. Sometimes I like to just sit in there, rock, and watch Blake move around in my belly. I can't believe in a little over a month, she will actually be here to enjoy the room that we've created for her!


How I’m Changing

Total weight gain:
 15 lbs (0 lbs gained since last week)
Maternity clothes? yes
Stretch marks? nope... I'm shocked!
Sleep: for the most part, it's still pretty good
Best moment this week: ringing in the New Year... Happy 2013!
Miss Anything? eating whatever I want (for the most part)
Movement: this girl is a mover & a shaker!
Food cravings: cakes, pies, desserts... in my dreams!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Gender: girl!
Symptoms: swollen feet & ankles, irritable... but not miserable! (yet)
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? off
Happy or Moody most of the time: let's just say... poor Shawn :-(
Looking forward to: turning 35 in 6 days! (ok, not really looking forward to it. but I can at least try to embrace it.)


Blake Alexis Kirby Week 34 Update:

Your baby's the size of a butternut squash! At less than two months to go, she weighs in at about 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. She's recognizing and reacting to simple songs, if you're singing them.  In fact, baby will recognize frequently sung tunes after birth and probably find them soothing. Less cute news: She now urinates about one pint per day. Get the diapers ready! 




2 comments:

  1. Love the nursery!!! COMPLETELY LOVING the signs and pillow!!! :) yay for Blake's arrival!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This whole nursery-decorating thing was not as much fun as I thought it would be. But it's almost done! Whew!

    ReplyDelete