Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, September 8, 2012

17 weeks!

17 weeks! Getting closer to halfway! Not too much has changed this week, other than a growing belly and a little heartburn. I did, however, part ways with my old OB and was accepted by a new OB (Dr. Winkelmann). My first appointment with her will be September 20th. This means I will be delivering now at Memorial Hermann instead of St. Luke's. But, recently, I heard some not-so-great things about St. Luke's. So, I think I'll be pretty happy with the decision I have made. I just hope this new OB shows more care and concern than the last one.


How I’m Changing

Total weight gain:
 4 lbs (no change since last week)
Maternity clothes? yes
Stretch marks? nope! looks like the vitamin e oil is working so far!
Sleep: other than trying to find a comfortable position, it's pretty good!
Best moment this week: seeing my growing bump
Miss Anything? sleeping through the night without getting up to pee
Movement: flutters (i think)
Food cravings: pei wei lettuce wraps, crab legs, & cheese puffs
Anything making you queasy or sick: not really
Gender: girl! :-)
Symptoms: swollen feet, round ligament pain, heartburn, frequent potty breaks
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: a little of both
Looking forward to: finally picking a name! *sigh*


Baby Kirby Week 17 Update:



My how your baby has grown! She's about the size of your palm, weighs about five ounces, and is developing some body fat (join the club, baby!). Her heart is now regulated by her brain (no more random beats) to beat 140 to 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! What else is up? She’s practicing the survival skills she’ll need at birth — like sucking and swallowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment