On a separate note... 2 days ago I fell down some stairs at work. I was carrying in a birthday cake for my boss, lost my footing, and fell backwards down a couple of steps onto the concrete. I fell mostly on my side, so that was a good thing. I was just really scared for the baby, as I wasn't sure how much impact they can take. After calling my OB several times, they kept telling me that as long as I wasn't bleeding or cramping I should be fine and to go to the ER if I was that concerned. I finally got an appointment with them the next day and saw on ultrasound that the baby is ok -- thank God! Needless to say, I will be finding a new OB office very soon.
How I’m Changing
Total weight gain: 4 lbs (no change since last week)
Stretch marks? not yet (fingers crossed)
Sleep: super duper!
Best moment this week: revealing the gender!!
Miss Anything? sleeping on my stomach
Movement: a few flutters from time to time
Food cravings: Pei Wei lettuce wraps!
Anything making you queasy or sick: not since 11 weeks
Gender: see next post... :-)
Symptoms: swelling feet, growing pains, occasional heartburn, frequent potty breaks
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: lately I'm pretty peppy
Looking forward to: deciding on a name and picking out a crib!
Baby Kirby Week 16 Update:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double its weight and add inches to its length. Right now, it's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. Its legs are much more developed, its head is more erect than it has been, and its eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. Its ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of its scalp has begun, though its locks aren't recognizable yet. It is even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, its heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments:
Post a Comment