Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, October 6, 2012

21 weeks!

21 weeks and so blessed to be here! As you may have read in my last post, the 20-week anatomy scan on Wednesday went very well. All measurements & developments are right on target, and Baby Kirby is still a girl! I have my monthly OB checkup next Friday, October 12th. Those appointments are usually pretty easy, as she just asks how I am doing and checks the heart rate with a doppler. Thankful for another week! :-)


How I’m Changing

Total weight gain:
 10 lbs (up 2 lbs since last week)
Maternity clothes? yes
Stretch marks? still nothing (knock on wood)
Sleep: getting used to sleeping on only my sides, although my hands/arms tend to go numb from sleeping on them
Best moment this week: 20-week anatomy scan!
Miss Anything? not a thing!
Movement: lots of little pops & jabs at night, but nothing felt yet on the outside
Food cravings: not really
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Gender: still a girl!
Symptoms: swollen feet, as usual
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on, but getting tight at times
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy, except when I'm having a growth spurt -- then I'm very moody & emotional (teary)
Looking forward to: the next ultrasound on Nov. 7 -- hoping to see a 3D pic!


Baby Kirby Week 21 Update:


your baby's the size of a pomegranate! At 10.5 inches and about 12.7 ounces, she's big enough now that you've probably been feeling her movements. Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. Her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth).




No comments:

Post a Comment