Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

20-week Anatomy Scan

Today we had our 20-week anatomy scan! BGK measured right at 20 weeks and 12 ounces. Even though I am actually 20 weeks & 4 days today, it's normal for a baby to measure a few days more or less. They also re-confirmed that BGK is a girl (see pic below)! Shawn was able to go with me to the appointment this time, and I was so glad. BGK was so funny! She kept putting her arms and even her legs in front of her face. Shawn joked that she takes after her mommy and doesn't like her picture taken. At one point, she even put her foot in her mouth (last pic below). The tech was joking that she was going to be a gymnast because she's so flexible. Haha! It's normal for all babies to be that limber. But we still think BGK is going to have special talents and be very athletic. And that's my unbiased opinion. ;-)

There were a few things that the doctor was unable to measure while we were there, mostly because BGK decided to burrow way down in a ball towards the end of the scan. I have to go back in 5 weeks so she can re-check some things, such as where the umbilical cord attaches to the placenta and a few other aspects of the baby's heart. The doctor assured us that she anticipates everything being normal at that time. She just wants to be 100% sure, as she was not able to check those things off of her list this time. As for me, I am happy to get as many insurance-covered ultrasounds as I can! This time, I'm even going to ask them if they can flip the 3D switch so we can get a good picture of her face. Fingers crossed that they have 3D capabilities! If not, I'll probably have my 3D/4D scan at around 28-30 weeks. Can't hurt to ask though! We are just thankful to God that everything went well and that BGK appears to be normal & healthy.

Here are some of the ultrasound pics for your viewing pleasure:

Face (skull)

Foot

3 lines = It's a girl!

Profile

BGK eating her foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment