Countdown to Baby Kirby!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Thursday, August 9, 2012

12w5d doppler

As I've mentioned before, I use the doppler pretty much every night now before I go to bed. For those who don't know what a doppler is, it's a handheld device that you use to listen for the baby's heartbeat. I've been doing this since about 10 weeks, and it gets easier & easier to find the heartbeat the further along I get. At first, there were some nights that I couldn't find it at all. But, at about 11 weeks, we started finding it pretty consistently and easily. The biggest challenge is trying to listen to it long enough before little Baby Squirmy... I mean Baby Kirby... moves away from it. The doppler doesn't always pick up the heart rate on the digital monitor. I'm not sure if it's because the baby is still pretty small or what. But, as long as I can hear a little whooshing sound that is twice as fast as my own heartbeat, I am content. :-)

Here is a little sampling of tonight's doppler session, where it actually showed the heart rate (around 160 beats per minute, on average). The video is a little dark and the sound a little fuzzy, but you get the picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment